The Rowayton Gardeners are hosting their first ever Community Gardens Walk and Great Gnome Hunt on Sunday, June 13th from 10 AM to 2 PM. It’s a fabulous event for nature lovers, area residents of all ages, and people who love our seaside village. The Community Gardens Walk will feature a nature-inspired Scavenger and Gnome Hunt, Environmental Education Stations staffed by: Norwalk Land Trust, Norwalk River Watershed Association, Norwalk Pollinator Pathway, Norwalk Tree Alliance, Rowayton Gardeners’ Master Gardeners, and Skip the Plastic Norwalk. You won’t want to miss the Farm Fun programs at the Potting Shed at 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM, by the Stamford Museum and Nature Center, refreshments by Upper Crust Bakery and Café, Darien, music by the Ellen Rojas and John Holden Duo, and lots of fun for the whole family. Attendees will get an up-close look at six of Rowayton’s beautiful community gardens, with Rowayton Gardeners’ docents on-hand to answer your questions.
To make the Community Gardens Walk and Great Gnome Hunt as safe and fun as is possible, we are adhering to current COVID guidelines, at the time of our event. For your safety and convenience, we are requiring that attendees register for one of two time slots.
*Check-in is at the event starting point at Pinkney Park, only*
- Registration fees are a donation to the Rowayton Gardeners for the upkeep and improvement projects at our Community Gardens and our Community Outreach Programs.Tickets are available now online for $30 for families of 2-6 people; $20 for individual tickets. A limited number of Day-of-Event tickets will be sold at Pinkney Park with a cost of $40 for families and $25 for individuals.
- You may register to start during the 10 AM to 11:30 AM time slot, or the 11:30 AM to 1 PM time slot. We ask that you please arrive during the time frame for which you register, so that we can maintain safe-distancing in the Gardens throughout the event.
- This is a self-guided walk of about 1 mile in length; with stops at each Garden AND the Scavenger and Gnome hunting, you should allow yourself at least 1.5 hours of strolling to complete the Walk. Please obey traffic rules and stay on the sidewalk. No dogs, please.
*Finishing Point is at Bayley Beach. All events for the Walk will end at 2 PM*
- No refunds will be issued after registration unless the event is cancelled by the Rowayton Gardeners. The event will be held, RAIN OR SHINE.
- A reminder email will be sent prior to the event, with more details and any updates. If you are no longer able to attend the event, please email email@example.com, so that people on the waitlist may attend.
JOIN US TO REAWAKEN ROWAYTON!